Original Posting: December 20th, 2009
You say I have some coquettish habits
nevermore the phrase, the months turned into today.
Halos dim or scintillate, the light never stays the same.
Mine own has dimmed, more than my past should ever concede...
~
A season ago I had once stood
at a crossroad of three ways.
All different in direction and choice
each one with joy and pain.
At left was a dark and dreary path
a joy with a sorrowful pang,
that strangely I found I yearned for
in complete unselfish ways.
And though each path would welcome me,
and two cried out my names,
the middle road continued the present
keeping everything the same.
I walked the left one cautiously
and turned around in fear,
and after hesitation took
the one more loudly cheered.
I now continue the right path now,
a sunny, bumpy road.
And now I can see left's consequences
in the brushes that enfold.
~
So it's bizzare for me to say
that my heart squirms, perturbed,
to see others of innocence in this field
already twitterpated
to turn left
and take the steps I once took eagerly?
Maybe the left suits them better
and my right road is closed, just for me;
But there's a middle road,
a crowded lonely road,
that we'll all take eventually
unless left or right
ends in white.
Vocab:
Twitterpated: (adj.) confused by affection or infatuation


0 comments:
Leave a Comment