Some Old Poetry I Wrote

Poetry:

December 4th, 2009
(After my first performance of the musical Honk! in which I accidentally giggled during one of my solos)



Kicking Yourself

"Guilt is a weight that's never seen,
even when it's the tiniest thing.
It could be...
Saying something you didn't mean
or simply
laughing when you are supposed to sing."

December 6th, 2009
(After the cast party)

This is to all my friends that say "they can't dance"!!!!

Each paragraph-thing has a different rhyming scheme, but it's all cool. :)



You can't dance?
That's a lie.
When you sway your hips
move your arms a bit
That's dancing, see?
It's easy.

Sure,
you can't dance WELL
but we are all friends
we've all been there
and I thought you said
that you don't care
what others think
so just let go
so dance.

So
you feel stupid?
Dude, look around
We aren't exactly
the most graceful crowd.
But we're having fun
it's all good time!
Just grab a friend
and please don't mind
the group 12 feet away
that loves to grind
yeah, creepy, I know
but just let go and
dance.



Feel free to comment :)

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top ~Life as Sarendipity~. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.